2.05.2008

Saving Up

I am working on saving up for a new camera body. I love my XT but I am starting to run into some of its limitations. I was hoping Canon would announce a new version of the 5D last month when they announced the new XSi, so I could see if I wanted to save for that or the 40D, but they didn't. Boo!! Since they aren't giving me anything to dream about I thought would list the things I want/need in my next camera so I can compare that to the 40D and any others they announce someday so that I know if they fit my requirements.
  • Higher ISO than 1600 (3200 at least 6400 would be nice)
  • 1/3 stop ISO settings (XT only does full stop)
  • Less noise at ISO 800 and 1600 (XT is pretty noisy at 1600)
  • Better focusing in low light
  • More focus points
  • Real spot metering
  • ISO in viewfinder
  • Full frame sensor (this isn't a requirement though I really want it!)
  • Bigger LCD
  • Better weather sealing
That is all I can think of right now but I reserve the right to come back and add more. For now I am transferring money out of my checking account and into savings (ING where I at least get some interest) until I know what I want to buy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...