1.24.2010

Mount Vernon

I went down to DC this weekend to visit my Rebecca before she heads to the Philippines for 2 years (I still haven't wrapped my head around that!) and we decided since Saturday dawned bright sunny and comfortable for January to head down to Mount Vernon.

I think the last time I was there was my 21st birthday so over 10 years ago (man I am old) they have added a really nice new welcome center, with a big bronze statue of George, Martha and I believe her two children from her first marriage.

IMG_2264

IMG_2265
A picture of me on my own blog!!!

IMG_2267
The house from the carriage arrival side

IMG_2269
The Green house

You can't take any pictures inside the house
IMG_2273

IMG_2275

IMG_2278
The river side. I love a good wide angle!

IMG_2283
Can you pick out the moon?

IMG_2286
Becky by the river.

IMG_2291
The stable

IMG_2299

IMG_2307
The Dock

IMG_2310

1 comment:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Fun stuff! I love seeing you on your blog ;)

I really like #7 (bldg & tree to left with blue sky). Great composition.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...