5.28.2010

The Great Pyramid

Our first full day in Egypt started by meeting the rest of our tour group (who I have already said were a wonderful group) and our guide. Then we took a short bus ride over to see the pyramids. We started with the biggest one.

IMG_3751

IMG_3753

IMG_3757

IMG_3760
Tourism Police, they all had machine guns which was more scary than comforting for me.

IMG_3767
Look I was there!

IMG_3771

IMG_3781

IMG_3784

IMG_3787

After that we went over to the second pyramid which we chose to pay extra to go into. That was really cool. I thought I wouldn't like it but it was one of my favorite parts of the trip. It was cramped but you didn't have to actually crawl in that one so I was okay. You weren't allowed to take a camera in so there are no pictures of that.

2 comments:

lucy'scousin said...

wow! What an amazing adventure you guys had and what cool pictures! Can't wait to see more!

Rebecca said...

Amazing pictures!! I love them!

P.S. You totally get used to the guys with guns...they are outside my apartment walking the perimeter 10 billion times a day. But then, maybe you don't WANT to get used to that. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...