1.17.2012

New Macro Loves

Canon has had some really awesome lens rebates going on for a month or two, and back in December I caved and dipped into my mythical 5d mark iii savings fund to pick up some new toys.  It had been a year since I had bought a new lens (I picked up a used 135L back in December 2010 as my last lens purchase), and I couldn't make it any longer. 

I decided to buy TWO new lenses, the 180L macro and the MP-E 65mm 1-5x macro

Here they are with my 100L for comparison:

20111215-IMG_9198

And with the 1-5x fully extended:

20111215-IMG_9199

I can't wait to take them out to Longwood and really test them out.  I am going to have to get used to using my tripod for them though.  I actually need to get some more quick release plates for them and a set of focusing rails for the 1-5x macro especially. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...