5.15.2013

Playing with the 1-5x Macro

Part of me doesn't want to share this photo, because it isn't very good, but at the same time I want to be honest about learning new things.  Last week I finally got out my 65mm 1-5x macro to try to start figuring it out, especially now that I have my focusing rails.  I new using manual focus would be difficult and that there would be a lot less light getting in that close, but wow.  I brought out my OCF setup since there wasn't as much light left as I wanted when I finally had a chance to play and I really had to crank it up.  It was just hard!  But the only way to get better is to keep trying right?  And now the embarrassing part, the "best" photo I got. 

20130508-5D3_2236

What makes this one the best?  The exposure was pretty good.  Most of the others I had to pull up 1 to 2 full stops.  Also some part of it is actually in focus.  I think you can kind of tell these are forget-me-nots.  What makes it less successful for me?  The focus wasn't where I would have wanted.  The DOF is really too shallow (and this was stopped all the way down).  The composition leaves a lot to be desired. 

Hopefully my next attempt is more successful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...