12.05.2013

Railing Painting

Since we bought the house I have been debating painting the railing and posts on our staircase. Finally in August we just bit the bullet and started sanding and then priming.

We ended up painting the posts white and the railing black.

After a few days I noticed pink bleed through on the white. I did some research and ended up buying some shellac based primer and that did the trick to stop the pink.

I realized when uploading these that I don't have any final after pictures. I will have to do that. Overall I am happy with how it turned out. It needs some touching up, the cleaners tend to plug in the vacuum in one room and run the cord all over the upstairs. That seems to be damaging the paint so I told them this week that they need to stop that. Hopefully they will and I can paint and it will hold up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...