9.02.2004

What did I get?

Are you wondering what kind of computer I bought? If not stop reading because I am going to tell you about it. It's an HP a cutomized zt3000 notebook. I won't tell you how much it cost but it has an Intel Pentium M Processor 725, a 15.4" WXGA widescreen display, a 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 Graphics Card, 512MB of SDRAM with an open slot to expand in the future, an 80 GB Hard Drive, a DVD/CD-RW drive, Intel Pro Wireless 2200 802.11b/g & Bluetooth networking, and MS Office Basic. (Word, Excel and Outlook, what is this MS Works crap?) Did I drive you away yet with my unabashed geekiness.

The other day I was talking to my roommate about the difference between being a geek and a dork. I admit that I am a full on geek, and I am also a bit dorky, but in a cute way. I don't think either one of these things is bad but to me being a geek is just being into gadget-y electronic stuff of varying kinds, be it computers, computer games, fancy cell phones, MP3 players, digital cameras etc. Being a dork may include that as well in some people but it doesn't have to. To me being a dork is more about lacking some component of normal social skills. Which I suppose everyone does to some extent. Maybe we are all dorks?

Now I think I need new stuff for my new computer! Like a new bag for it! How am I going to wait 13 days for it? I don't think I can make it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...