10.05.2006

Songs

The long drive to work everyday provides me with far too much time to think about stuff. Today it was the selection of older music I was listening to and why I like it. I didn't really come up with a good reason, but does anyone really know why certain music they love and other music they don't? Some things it is obivious, like running music, if it isn't upbeat, entergetic and have a fairly consistent rythym it doesn't keep you running as well. But why do I want to belt out:

Oh, I love you more today than yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow
I love you more today than yesterday
But only half as much as tomorrow
-More Today Than Yesterday

OR:

Pardon the way that I stare.
There's nothing else to compare.
The sight of you leaves me weak.
There are no words left to speak,
But if you feel like I feel,
Please let me know that it's real.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
-Can't Take My Eyes Off You

I seem to have a real thing for older music. The whole "cocktail" hour at our wedding my playlist was 50s-60s music.

On a totally unrelated note, did you know that nectarines are just a genetic variant of peaches?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...