1.19.2007

Audiobooks?

I'm reading my favorite book again (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon). Though I suppose officially I am not reading it, I am listening to it. I wasn't sure how I would feel about audiobooks. This is the first one I have ever purchased. I have to say I am really enjoying it. I don't know if it is because I love the story so much (this has to be at least the 8th time) or if it is the skill of the reader. I do find myself spending more time focusing on picturing the story than I usually do when reading, which is really nice. The story feels more vivid and the dialog more emotional and personal. It's more like watching a movie, except I get to make up the pictures. I might have to try some more audio books in the future. Though this might spoil me on ever seeing a movie or mini-series based on this book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...