6.05.2007

Group Fitness

There is a good reason why most of the physical activities I enjoy are mainly solitary endeavors. It's not that I don't like to socialize, or don't like people. I just don't like to do that while I work out and I don't like to have to adjust my pace to someone else's or have them do that for me. The last group exercise class I took (and really the only if you don't count ones required to graduate from various educational institutions) was an Adult Beginner Ballet Class that I took with my friend/ex-roommate Margo back when I lived in St. Davids'. I surprisingly enjoyed that.

Maybe part of why I am looking forward to the small group Pilates class I start at the gym here by work tomorrow at lunch is because of how much I liked taking a group ballet class. But I really just think I am looking forward to having another activity on my rotation of exercise (running, lifting and ellipticating get a little mundane). It's good that I am excited though, it costs $15 per class (and this is on top of your gym membership). The part I am most excited about is what I can't do at home, use a reformer. In case you don't know what that looks like:


Cool right? I am so looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...