10.01.2007

New Camera?

Have I mentioned I am saving up for a new camera body? For the longest time I thought I would save up for the Canon 5D. But now I am changing my mind. Part of it is me being cheap (the 5D is $2400), but a bigger part of it is that the 5D is a two year old camera model, as old as my XT and I want something NEW with all the latest features. Now I am leaning towards the 40D. It is cheaper ($1300), newer (just released last month), has a self-cleaning sensor (I seem to get a lot of dust on mine), handles noise in low light MUCH better than the XT (and based on the reviews and pictures I have seen online on par with the 5D), the LCD screen is HUGE, ISO is displayed in the viewfinder, and I really think the 5D might be too much camera for me.

Yesterday I talked Michael into going to best buy (as if that was hard) so that I could look at the 40D and see what I really thought about it. It seemed pretty easy to figure out. It is a lot bigger than the XT or the XTi. Now I am really excited and I am sure this is the camera I am buying. Now I just have to save up, and hope that Canon does it's fall rebates again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want it too along with a dozen other things. Sigh...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...