2.20.2008

My Weekend

This past weekend turned out to be a four day weekend for me. Monday was a holiday at work and, since I have no pressing deadlines right now, I decided to use some of my "comp" time from the Christmas changover to take Friday off.

So how did I spend all this glorious time off you might ask? Mostly on the couch. One of the girls at work, K lent me a big pile of period dramas that she had on DVD and I spent the weekend watching all of them. In all I watched the 2005 Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightely, a Masterpiece Theater version of Jane Eyre, a BBC miniseries called North & South, the BBC/A&E miniseries of Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth. I also bought Elizabeth the Golden Age, Michael watched that one with me. Then for good measure (and for comparison) I watched the 2005 Pride & Prejudice again (actually 2 more times) and threw in Marie Antoinette. It was almost hard to get back to the present after all that.

I have to say I enjoyed both versions of P&P though (and you will guess this based on which ones I watched more times) the 2005 version I liked better. I have been having a hard time figuring out why though. I knew it had something to do with it feeling more "modern" to me, but I didn't realize why until I was thinking about it in the shower this morning (always a good place to think right?). It was the photography of it that felt more modern.

Ever since I got into photography, I really watch movies rather differently. I watch how they are using light to set the mood, the perspective they use, how they compose a scene. And the 2005 version of P&P I think better matched with my current "style".

Anyone else find photography has changed how you watch movies?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I watch movies differently now too. I pay attention to how much of the frame they have in focus, the lighting, etc. Sometimes I can't stop myself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...