12.12.2008

Nearly 6 months

It has been nearly 6 months since I left DNA and I can't shake the feeling that I am still morning that loss.

Today is our "all-hands" meeting the industrial operations (ie manufacturing) at my new job. Aside from bring boring (duh I am writing a blog post to type up later during it), I sit here alone (because I didn't feel like looking for anyone I know to sit with) feeling like an outsider. I know that is all me, I need to step up and join in if I really want that to chance. No matter how much I want to do that I feel like I can't until I can really let DNA go.

Maybe it is the reverse? Maybe it will be easier to let go if I have a hold of something new? What else is it about this job/company/culture that is holding me back?

I know when I joined DNA I had a hard time committing to it. It probably took me 1-2 years to really settle in and love it there. maybe I am pushing too hard with this one? But now I know what it is like to belong at a job, to be proud of your company and I miss it. I want that back. Is it possible? Can I find that here? Does this culture fit me?

No matter what if I am still here this time next year, I am skipping this meeting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...