3.26.2012

New Orleans and Thailand Lens Usage

I think I had mentioned before that I only planned to take two lenses with me on both our trip to New Orleans and our trip to Thailand.  The two lenses that made the trip were the 16-35L (which I can't imagine a vacation without the beauty of those wide angles) and the 100L (which often feels like an extension of my brain, this was the one lens I missed in Egypt, well a macro anyway).  Obviously I also took my rangefinder which has a fixed 45mm f/1.7 lens on it as well.

Knowing that I like to analyze my lens usage, I thought it was worth a look at how I used these lenses on both trips.  I just did a screen capture of how the files fell out in Lightroom based on my metadata, first you can see a split by lens, then the second column shows what focal lengths I used on the zoom lens.

First New Orleans:
Screen Shot 2012-03-08 at 5.45.56 AM

Next Thailand:
Screen Shot 2012-03-08 at 5.45.38 AM

I ended up using my 100L a lot more than I thought I would, at least in Thailand, not nearly as much in New Orleans.  I did use my film camera more in New Orleans as well since I went through 2 rolls of 36 exposures in 2 1/2 days in New Orleans and the same number in 6 days in Thailand.  I am not too surprised that I seemed to stick with the extremes of the zoom lens, though I am a little surprised at how often I used it at 35mm.  Notice the little bump in the middle?  Apparently I like approximately 24mm as well. 

This isn't really helping me with my internal debate between the 24L and the 35L as my next fast prime! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...