9.13.2007

New Computer

My current home computer that I bought three years ago is, frankly, getting a little long in the tooth so it is time to look for a new one. I am thinking that for once I will go with a desktop type machine (though since I love to research stuff I am still keeping laptops on the list). The laptop I have will still function fine for when we travel and I want to surf the web, email, download my photos from my camera etc, and for web surfing, emailing, message boarding, at home on the couch. So why spend the same amount to get less?

Last night I spec'd out and priced 6 options! 2 Macs, 2 HP notebooks, 2 HP desktops. All of them were over $2000!! I did discover that I don't know what I really need in terms of a graphics card (you have a lot more choices with a desktop on those), so that will take more research. I also need to go look at the 20" and 24" iMacs and regular LCD screens to see what size I really need. I just want to get a computer that I will be able to keep doing photography stuff on for the next three years!

Man did I pick an expensive hobby!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...