4.24.2010

Iceland Poppies

Now that I am caught up on my other flower pictures I can move on to last weekend at Longwood Gardens!

One of the flowers I was really looking forward to shooting was the poppies. Sadly for me they were only outside, and it was windy and bright (and of course Longwood doesn't open until 9 so the best morning light was already gone). I made due though and got a couple of good shots. I might have to plant some poppies myself next year so that I can try again in more controlled circumstances.

This was the first spot I stopped in the morning. There were yellow, orange and white poppies but for some reason I was only drawn to the white ones.
IMG_3428

IMG_3429

This was shot as I was on my way out.
IMG_3678

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...